Week Seventeen: I Want a Husband

Image result for husbandOnce upon a time, my aunt got divorced. Today, she is with another man that happily fulfills her needs. As I was thinking about her new marriage and new life that she is living, I realized that I, too, want a husband. Why do I want a husband?
I want a husband who will work as much as he needs to meet all the financial needs of me and my children. I want a husband with a high paying job - he will pay for all of our fancy dinner dates or our rent for a home that I will choose. I will be a stay-at-home mom that cleans the house and makes delicious meals for our family. 
I want a husband who will take good care of our children. A husband that is intelligent. I want a husband that will teach my children exciting things and help them with their homework, such as algebra, history, or maybe even rhetoric, as I will not be able to help them with anything except for cooking. I want a husband who will teach my children how to work the technology in our house, switch the dead lightbulbs, so that I do not have to do any of these things even when my he is not home.
I want a husband that is responsible. A husband that does not go out at night with everyone at work and sees pink elephants. A husband who is a follower of Jesus, so he can take my children to church every Sunday. A husband that takes care of my schedule so I am never late for any event. I want a husband that wakes up in the middle of the night to take care of our children while I get my beauty sleep.
I want a husband who is loving. I want a husband who is handsome. A husband with a well defined facial features that has: a sharp jawline, high nose bridge, and big eyes. I want a husband who will cheer me up when I am in a bad mood. A husband who will surprise me with a bouquet of flowers on normal days that are not special. 
If, by chance, I find someone better than the husband I already have, I will replace my present husband with another one. I will expect a fresh new life with a fresh new husband for I will not be taking the children with me. 
My God, who wouldn't want a husband?

Comments

  1. Wow, this is so creative!! I absolutely love how you adapted the tone of the piece and wrote your own version. Great job of incorporating the words without making it seem out of the box!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so funny to read Katie! It is clear that Judy Brady was writing the piece in a mocking and almost humorous tone just like the way you've written it on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how you mock both societal expectations toward men, by satirizing how men are expected to provide the family's income; as well as societal expectations toward women, by satirizing how women are seen as not in need of an education. Your post this week was actually a mentor text for me when I wrote my post! Great job, Katie!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment